HighPoint Technology Solutions is the leader in student success tools for PeopleSoft Higher Education with over 150 institutional clients and 3 million users. We offer a broad range of automation tools that accelerate campus administrator activities as well as student success solutions that engage students into the campus experience, educate them on their educational pathway options, and empower them with tools for academic success.
About the role
HighPoint has immediate openings for a functional architect with expertise in PeopleSoft Academic Advisement and Student Records. If you possess the maniacal drive to deliver transformational and impactful products to students, this is the career for you. As a member of a high performing team, the functional architect will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative and agile environment on a variety of projects. The functional architect will collaborate with Product Owners, client staff, internal specialists to create innovative solutions. This role provides an opportunity to make a great impact on 5 million users of our products.
You will need to demonstrate your depth of knowledge of the PeopleSoft ecosystem, especially around the administration of Campus Solutions. You should have been a part of a deployment of PeopleSoft, or have several years experience configuring or maintaining Academic Advisement or Student Records. You should be very familiar with several models of higher education programs and how they are structured into advisement structures.
You will be in high-demand, so self-management and emotional intelligence is critical. Good communication skills must include the ability to be forthright and proactive in communicating with team members about tasks, work assigned, and progress
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as functional expert for Academic Advisement and Student Records in product development.
- Learn and master our bolt-on products related to Advisement.
- Employ best-practices in defining requirements, assessing client feedback, and determining market need for features in our products.
- Execute the role of agile product owner for one or several products in our portfolio, ensuring that we are maximizing value to our customers, efficiently producing software, and maintaining our status as market leader in student success software for PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Lead with high levels of emotional intelligence, charisma, and confidence, helping your team rise to meet the challenges our clients are facing in helping students succeed.
While not limited to the following, our successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following organizational competencies:
Creative Problem Solving: Demonstrates the ability to provide the necessary attention to solve complex problems. Defines problems, analyzes causes, identifies possible solutions, selects the best solution and develops action plans. Generates new ideas and goes beyond the status quo. Demonstrates the ability to use creative thinking to improve processes and solve problems.
Leadership / Achievement Orientation: Understands what is expected to do the job well, functions effectively on a team, achieves deadlines, accepts accountability for mistakes and takes corrective action. Works independently and seeks direction or assistance as needed. Takes ownership of processes and assignments, prioritizes tasks as necessary for efficiency, accuracy and timely completion.
Communication: Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly, correctly, knowledgeably and effectively via Slack, web conferencing tools and in person to teams and clients. Uses appropriate methods of communication (face-to-face, etc.) to achieve desired results. Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively to groups, varying styles to fit the audience, actively communicating with those with differing opinions and differing levels of understanding.
Flexibility / Adaptability to Change: Understands and accepts the need for change. Cooperates in implementation and constructively voices concerns and proposes alternatives. Demonstrates the ability to plan, implement and communicate effective change approaches within established and changing deadlines.
Quality Service: Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers in a manner that consistently meets the organization’s expectations for exemplary customer service. Demonstrates the ability to see issues from the customer’s perspective and to assess urgency of requests and responds accordingly. Demonstrates a focus on fulfilling expectations by seeking insight into customer needs and developing solutions that provide value for the customer.
Building Relationships / Interpersonal Skills: Respects diversity, demonstrates respect for the opinions of others and values each person’s contribution to the team. Develops and maintains positive and cooperative relationships, inside and outside of the work group, interacting in a friendly, open, honest and accepting manner. Uses formal/informal networks to accomplish tasks and objectives.
- Strong experience in PeopleSoft with several years experience in Academic Advisement.
- Some experience with product development, product management, or project management.
- Unmatched leadership and emotional IQ. You must be able to woo others to give their very best.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A keen desire to build relationships with our customers, get to know their needs, and assess next steps for our products.