HighPoint Technology Solutions is the leader in student success tools for PeopleSoft Higher Education with over 150 institutional clients and 3 million users. We offer a broad range of automation tools that accelerate campus administrator activities as well as student success solutions that engage students into the campus experience, educate them on their educational pathway options, and empower them with tools for academic success.
About the role
The Client Partner is responsible for establishing relationships with key decision makers within higher education institutions. We hire persuasive leaders with a knack for teaching and explaining concepts—someone who is comfortable listening to CxOs and then mapping their problems to our solutions. As our ambassador, Client Partners are pivotal to the growth of our enterprise. You will be responsible for generating leads and managing the sales process in order to gain new institutions. We are seeking professionals who have a strong record of success managing and achieving sales goals within a team selling environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prospect and build new business within a region; acquire new clients and upsell successfully
- Build relationships by meeting with CIOs, Provosts and other academic and technology leaders to discuss their challenges with student mobile, financial aid, and advising solutions.
- Conduct presentations to educate prospective members on our services.
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals through management of a sales pipeline with pursuits in various stages of the evaluation process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Experience with Oracle and PeopleSoft products and solutions in Higher Education
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years of post-undergrad experience and at least one of the following:
– Experience in sales, account management, and/or the equivalent
– Relevant higher education industry experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically at least 50%
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience selling in the higher education industry
- Desire to do research into an account and translate that into success in a sales environment
- Sell prospects on the current and future value proposition of a product
- Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive-level audience
- Proven track record of success in achieving revenue quota and sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to use active listening to diagnose a problem and map a solution in the moment
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative when it comes to problem solving and/or project ownership
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity – ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Receptive to feedback, coaching and constructive criticism; ability to learn from mistakes
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities, strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Consultative-based sales experience